Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Railroad Structural Technologist
This position will support Railroad transportation engineering projects. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of two (2) years of structural drafting experience. Knowledge of CAD platforms and MicroStation is preferred.
What you will do:
What We Are Looking For:
- Draft and create construction documents primarily utilizing MicroStation
- Develop preliminary/conceptual plans of proposed work in the form of maps, photos, sketches, MicroStation/CAD drawings, or written explanation
- Coordinate drafting and design with Project Engineers
- Coordinate design and layout with applicable code requirements
- Gather quantities and perform estimations of project construction costs
- Develop and draw design details, plans, sections, and notes independently and from the verbal or written direction
- Record and organization of progress files, email correspondence, design alterations, and project status
- The print, plot, and scan various project plans and draw data
- Perform occasional fieldwork or site reconnaissance, sometimes requiring out-of-town travel
- Associate's Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting or related technical area required
- Minimum two (2) years of DOT experience with structural plan layout and detailing of bridges a plus
- Familiarity with DOT Bridge Design Guides/Manuals and AASHTO LRFD Specifications
- Knowledge and proficiency (or ability to gain this knowledge) in appropriate software: CAD platforms, MicroStation V8i, Windows/Networks, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and deliver in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and collaboration skills are key
- General understanding of engineering principles and practices
- General understanding of project scheduling and deadlines